How do I request a refund (Android)?
If it’s less than 48 hours since you bought an app or made an in-app purchase, you can request a refund through Google Play. If you bought music, movies, books, or other content, you may be able to request a refund after more than 48 hours.
This is the quickest way to find out if Google will give you a refund. You’ll usually get a decision within 15 minutes.
- Open a web browser (like Chrome or Safari) on your computer, tablet, or phone.
- Copy https://play.google.com/store/account and paste it into the address bar of the web browser.
- Make sure this is in a web browser and not the Google Play Store app. You can't request a refund in the Google Play Store app.
- Scroll down to "Order History" and find the order you want to return. To the right of the order, select More (three dots) Menu.
- Select Report a problem.
- Choose the option that describes your situation, complete the form, and say that you would like a refund.
- You will see a message saying, "thank you for sharing your concerns." Later you will receive an email about your refund.
You can read more about the Google Play Refund Policy here - Get a refund on Google Play